After 20 years in coaching and director roles in clubs in the San Francisco Bay Area, Scott relocated in 2021 to be part of the Men’s coaching staff at Monterey Peninsula College. Scott has also been a head coach and staff coach at the high school level for over 15 years.
In addition to being the Executive Director for AF Monterey, Scott is the Founder and CEO of 205 Sports – a coaching education and player development non-profit. Scott holds an NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) certification as well as various US Soccer, United Soccer Coaches, and UEFA licenses and diplomas. Scott has completed a Master’s degree with an emphasis on Soccer Coaching from Ohio University.
I think there is a great opportunity for the Academy to be a positive influence in the local soccer community. With a focus on individual player development and process – rather than wins and losses – I believe that we can support the growth of talent here in Monterey.
- UEFA B license – Scottish FA
- Master’s Degree from Ohio University – Recreational and Sports Sciences
- United Soccer Coaches Master Coach diploma
- United Soccer Coaches Director of Coaching diploma
- NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Club recreational director and club technical director
- High school coach for over 15 years
- Club coach (boys and girls, ages 8-18) for over 20 years
- Assistant Coach for Men’s Soccer at Monterey Peninsula College